Feeling lost

My husband passed away suddenly and unexpected in July. I found him on the sofa and had to do CPR. I watched 3 paramedics trying to resuscitate him. I feel my whole world has been turned upside down and did not expect to be a widow at 38. I feel like I have lost myself. I have started counselling and she suggested this forum may help!?

Hello Lisa,

You have come to a good place. When people here say that their hearts go out to you, they mean it. We know how you feel, because we are going through what you are going through, and it is excruciating.
My unwanted qualification for being here is that I lost my beloved, beautiful wife of 51+ years in September last year.
Most people, myself included, seem to have a slight initial reluctance to become closely involved in the forum. Well that’s fine - just keep reading, and post more if you feel it’s what you want to do.
I get more comfort here than from anywhere else.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I can’t even begin to describe how I feel and I have found it hard because I hate relying on people plus it’s hard to explain how it feels. I am hoping that speaking with others who can understand will help me through the process.

Lisa