Feeling lost

I lost my mum on Saturday and feel completely exhausted. We always had a relationship where we’d be close for a while then have our disagreements. She had kidney and liver problems and 1 month ago diagnosed with liver cancer. We were told she didn’t have years left but thought we would at least have until the end of this year. I can’t believe it she was rushed to hospital Friday and passed away Saturday 6pm. How can life be so cruel to take her away from her 22 year old daughter and 11 year old son and her husband who’s loved her for over 30 years?! Don’t think life will ever feel good again

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum at such a young age. Feeling exhausted is a very normal reaction to the grief and shock. Grief is a long process and it is very early days for you. There will be times that you feel good again, but for now you can only concentrate on taking things day by day and allow yourself to grieve in whatever ways feel right for you.

It’s really important to have outlets for your feelings, whether that’s talking to your dad and brother or writing things down here on the online community. There are many others here who will understand some of what you are feeling. You might find it helpful to read and reply to some of the other recent post in the Losing a Parent section of the site, to connect with others going through similar experiences: https://support.sueryder.org/community/losing-parent