Feeling Numb

My dad passed away last Wednesday after being in hospital for 6 weeks. He had a fall the got pneumonia, recovered and got hospital acquired double pneumonia. He became unconscious 3 days before dying. I know he was 90 and this was a good age but I have lost my best friend and support. My mum has been in a psychiatric unit since August and wont make any decisions regarding dads funeral. I feel so angry and resentful to her, I’m not sure she will 3ven attend the funeral.

Hi Trottie. Sad to hear about your dad. It’s a hard time for you and your mum. Perhaps your mum finds it difficult to comprehend what has happened. If she has mental problems then it’s so painful to try and think your way through such trauma as you are both going through.
Try not to feel angry or resentful. It only adds to your pain. It’s far to soon to begin to come to terms with what’s happened. It does take time, sometimes lots of it. You will grieve in your own way and in your own time. We all do.
You are in the right place to share your feelings. There are many here who have lost a parent. Take care of yourself. Kind regards. John.

1 Like

Hello Trottie, I am so sorry to hear about your dear dad, it doesn’t matter how old they are when they pass away, they are ours’ and we love them dearly.
My husband, Stan, was 84 years old when he died last August, I am fed up of people saying to me that he had had a long life.
it wasn’t long enough as far as I am concerned.
Yet, I read horror stories about young people passing, and I realise how lucky we were.
love,
Maryx

1 Like