Feeling numb

Chrissy3

Thank you for your kind words. I’m 13 weeks in on this awful journey. I’m also grieving what we had planned for last year. We was supposed to be moving to Spain April 2020, but covid postponed it and then the awful C word was diagnosed. One day at a time, that’s all we can do.

2 Likes

This like nothing I have ever known before,the pain inside,the panic attacks,the crying,the anger,the loss of my darling wife has shattered me ,I am devastated beyond control.Being on my own at 76 is not what I wanted it to be.I should have gone first.She would have coped at being alone,much stronger than me.

Hi Chrissy

Many thanks for your kind words especially as you must be feeling heartbroken like me.
The weekend with my sister has had its ups and downs. It has been lovely having the company but I suspect she sometimes feels I should still not be feeling so shocked and devastated. She keeps wanting me to make plans for the future which I just can’t do.
I am driving back today and in some ways, looking forward to the ‘safety’ of my own house. Daft really as I try and spend as little time as possible in it now Ian isn’t there.
Life is so difficult at the moment and the future never so darker.

Julie x

2 Likes

Thank you Nodrog I read your post it was lovely read
Thank goodness for the his site x