Feeling of empty despair

I lost my husband two weeks ago. My three children and I are just lost. I wake up and I just want all this to stop. I’m so scared of my new life and I just feel emptiness, sadness and despair. I’m frightened to live like this forever.

3 Likes

I feel exactly the same @Cattia and have to keep reminding myself that although I will never be without this grief others say it changes to a more manageable thing over time - I hope they are right. The terror of life ahead is awful though isn’t it. How old are your children? Mine are in their twenties and I know I have to allow them to go back to their own lives soon. I am trying to listen to all the advice about taking each day at a time for now though. So sad we are both on this horrible path.

4 Likes

Yeh day at a time or hour at a time if you need to …there are many twists and turns in this grief journey … but it does get a bit better with time but not gonna lie its tough. Just take as many distractions as you can and good you have children you can do this with xx

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s just so so hard, I never imagined that something could hurt so much and dealing with the kids’ grief as well is heartbreaking and exhausting.

4 Likes

I know … its all heartbreaking and exhausting but just keep conserving your energy and inly take baby steps … dont expect too much of yourself … our life has been turned upside down xx

Things gs will definitely worried not things will be OK