Feeling sad

Hi, seem to be having one of those days today, just keep thinking about my brother who passed last July, it’s been 7 months, I have more good days than bad days, but sometimes I don’t think about him for a while then when I do I feel so guilty, I don’t ever want to forget him we was so close even though we didn’t see each other that much but talk on phone every week, that’s what I really miss. I lay awake at night when I can’t sleep thinking how he must of felt in his last hours as he was alone when he died, I just hope he wasn’t in any pain. Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day, it’s my birthday Monday so that’s going to be a hard day, hope everyone here are coping and having better days than bad.

1 Like

Hi @jenny8 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Hi @jenny8
Hope you are having a better day today, I think we all have good & bad days, I just take it a day at a time so I don’t get too overwhelmed.
Pls don’t feel guilty for the moments when you’re focused on other things, I’m sure your brother would want you to be happy, & it is natural we all have moment when we are doing everyday things, grocery shopping, sorting accounts, focusing on the things we need to do, you have no reason to feel guilty, he is someone you clearly care about. When our loved ones pass, they may not be with us physically, but we will always carry them in our hearts, we won’t forget them. If it helps, you can make a memory box of him if you’d like, put in photos, special memories, maybe a playlist of songs that remind you of him, or memories with him, that way it acknowledges him, & you hopefully won’t worry about forgetting him.
As for your concerns about him passing alone, :pensive: whatever he felt, he is at peace now, & I am sure with you in spirit.
My baby died some years ago during pregnancy, so he has no grave or anything like that, but I write to him, every birthday & anniversary, I find it helps, I tell him how much I miss him, & sometimes talk about things going on in my life. Hope this helps, sending hugs of support.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words ,it always helps when i talk on here, i know he wouldnt wzmt me to be like this and i try everyday to think of sometbing nice about him tbat makes me smile, but not every day is the same. I am so sorry for thost of your baby ,i cant imagine how that feels, but its good you keep your baby’s memory in your heat its a lovely thing to do. I guess we all have our ways of coping ,take care and thank you for your support x

1 Like