Feeling sad

Hi, just as I thought I was doing so well , my brother passed 9 months ago just been on a weeks cruise and was starting to feel more myself, sadly we had to have our dog put to sleep on Monday and it’s all so overwhelming the grief iam feeling for my dog and now all the grief for my brother is coming back, when will it ever end , feeling so low agian

1 Like

Hi @jenny8,

I’m part of the Online Community team - I wanted to say thank you for bravely starting this thread and for reaching out. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog and the grief you are experiencing all over again, for both your brother and your dog.

We have support pages about coping with the death of a pet and a sibling over on our Grief Guide which you may find helpful.

You might also want to get in touch with Blue Cross Pet Loss support. They have trained counsellors who can talk you through your loss. You can speak to them on the phone or online. Their helpline is 0800 096 6606 and it is open from 8.30am - 8.30pm every day. They also have a Facebook community which you may wish to join.

I hope you find the community to be a good source of support and that you feel you can reach out for more support if you need to.

Take good care - you are not alone,
Megan

1 Like

Hello @jenny8

I’m so so sorry about your brother and then your dog so close together to lose them That’s really hard
I can identify to some extent
I had a rough few years since my dads unexpectedly and sudden death in 2019 and then last year my absolutely adored little cat was diagnosed with cancer there followed a year of visits to the vet and endless worry and vigilance doing everything to save her
Which ultimately of course I couldn’t
She had to be euthanised in January and it broke my heart all the grief associated with my dad seemed to be resurfacing and I had to move house too when I didn’t want to so there was loss there too
Overwhelming loss and change All I can say is I recognise the pain of grief upon grief Take good care of yourself

1 Like

Bluebell1
Thank you for your reply, its so hard isnt it just as you think things are getting better and then your heart gets broken again ,sending you hugs ,x

1 Like

I have had a few wobbles today.
It started when I thought this morning about having a bbq. I thought that’s ok just the 3 of us( me, my son and my partner). In that split second he was alive and well . Equally that sent me into floods of tears when the next second my brain reminded me that he had passed away.The normality of that initial thought was so lovely and comforting.
Do others think their brain plays good cop/bad cop?
That feeling was so overwhelming and warm .
Hope others on here have had a more cheerful day. Xx

1 Like

Elite
You are not alone in that , I do it all the time , I know it’s natural but heartbreaking when you realise they are not with you anymore.
Grief is a terrible thing and I know it effects everyone differently and we all have our own ways of coping, which iam trying to do but some days the sadness is just so hard to bare.
Thinking of you sending you support x

1 Like

Oh Jenny8 thanks so much for yr lovely words. Those feelings are so awful and you do want them to be with you so much, that sometimes it is beyond hard to bare, as we all know too well.
Thus forum is a great platform to express yr inner thoughts and discuss the overwhelming sadness s and loss that we are all dealing with. Our many friends on here are suffering in the same way.
Thinking of you . Xxxx

1 Like