Feeling so alone

It has been a year now since my sister died and I still feel so lost at times. I feel like I am annoying people too. I shared something with someone and they ignored what I said. I felt like I had to apologise for what I said and I am so confused as I dared to share something but it was like they didn’t like what I said. I sometimes find when I have the courage to share I choose the wrong people to share with and then I am ripped up all over again. Does anyone else feel utterly misunderstood and alone? I sometimes cannot see life ever having the same purpose and meaning again, that it had before she died.

4 Likes

Hello @Viv5,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your sister. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Hello .
So sorry to hear you lost your sister. I think some people feel uncomfortable talking about death and think if they ignore it , it wont happen to them . At least on here you can chat with people who understand . My mum died two and a half years ago and i am still struggling , i live alone too so life is hard . Here if you want to talk, take care.
Love Angie x

3 Likes

Thank you. Yesterday was a bad day but have felt a bit brighter today. Appreciate the contact x

2 Likes

Hi there. Sorry to say feeling misunderstood and alone is par for the course as far as voicing grief is concerned. I’m sure that’s why people feel comfortable here … for the most part they know they will be listened to and not ignored. I’ve had a best friend just dismiss one of my really bad days when I really needed them just to listen for a couple of minutes, that’s all, but they just didn’t pick up on that need. It’s difficult to continue if that happens, it feels like whining or begging for attention - or, like you say, it feels like it’s your fault for being demanding. It’s tricky. No one wants to spend any time talking about death and loss is the simple answer I suppose. Seems very stupid : we are all going to have to go through it some time or another.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. It is a comfort to know I am not alone but a pity people struggle so with grief. It is really hard when even best friends just seem to shy away. Thank you for sharing. It really does help x

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your sister. Some people just can’t cope with loss I’m afraid and don’t like to talk about it. Hopefully you will find someone who is willing to listen and support you. This forum is excellent too

1 Like