Feeling stuck

My mum was my whole world and now I feel like I don’t have anything to look forward to with her not being here.
Sometimes It’s like I almost forget she isn’t here anymore and then I realise and it hurts so much.

3 Likes

Hi JessM

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It’s normal to feel lost and stuck after a bereavement. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

Hi Jess,

I have just seen your post having joined this community today. I totally get what you are saying. I lost my mum unexpectedly last month. It has been such a shock. My Mum was my best friend, soul mate and the one person I loved more than anything else. I’m so tired and numb from the loss. To top it I am dealing with the hospital because they were negligent and her death may have been avoided. So far all I have done to cope is taking everything one step at a time. Sometimes the grief is so overwhelming I just do nothing. Other times I can engage in a conversation x

1 Like