Feeling v down

Mary
Are you in Yorkshire? I visited York 2 weeks ago. I thought it would help to get away to somewhere i had always liked so was there for 5 days. I drove there and back to Glasgow through floods and a snowstorm at lockerbie. I bought some books at a bookshop in Skipton and as cant watch tv just now i am trying to keep my mind occupied with them. How are you Mary? It is lovely you have Polly and must spoil her for both of you. Sending love Pam

Diverliz
Thank you il look into that maybe my dr could recommend something. I am so glad i came across this online site. Everyone is so supportive to each other and i feel are the only ones who understand. Sending hugs pamx

3 Likes

Hello, Pam,
I do live in Yorkshire, I have never lived anywhere else other than my home town, my husband was a Yorkshireman.
I love York, it is a beautiful city, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay there, I cannot go anymore, I injured my spine a long time ago, and then I was diagnosed with Porphyria. This is an inherited blood disorder, I am allergic to daylight and the sun, this one was a double whammy.
Skipton is a beautiful place too, in the good old days, we used to visit the Dales often. I have never driven I was always too nervous to try. My late brother had a pub in Masham, another lovely place too. How life changes through no fault of our own, goodness, you were brave driving from Glasgow to North Yorkshire. I am just plodding along, missing Stan more and more as each day passes. I do believe that when we are first bereaved we are numb because of the shock, it is like an anaesthetic, Stan and I had been married for 59 years, I am 80 years old now.
Thank you for your message. love and blessings,
Mary.
ps. I am so glad that I have Polly, she is company.

2 Likes

Hi Mary
Love the pic! Shes gorgous! Ive always loved yorkshire (since i was about 12 and readng the Brontes) ive been to Howarth of course! My sister lived in romsey until recently which backed onto new forest. I liked going there too seeing the ponies wander free. As her sons have their own places now her husband and herself are downsizing. My brother lives in london and my other sister jersey. Were still having the wet wild weather today in Glasgow. Got a bit of a cough and cold and on top of that ive put my back out. I had a disc removed a few years ago and it doesnt take much to aggravate it! Sending love and keep warm!x

1 Like

Lovely to see your Dog.

1 Like