Feeling very down and lost

Recently me and my sister made plans for her to come stay with me and my partners family for the weekend. I’ve heard nothing from her since making the plans. Then on the day she was ment to be here. She didn’t text or ring me. I was absolutely gutted. If she didn’t want to see me. She should of said. Rather than making plans and getting my hopes up. I haven’t seen her since my mums funeral. So this absolutely crushed me. And to make matters worse. She’s now playing happy families with my dad. Who assaulted me on my mums wake. She may be fine with being friends with my dad pretending nothing happened. But alot happened. To be honest she can do all she wants. She wasn’t assaulted. She didn’t experience emotional abuse. She’s not the one with severe anxiety and depression with PTSD. I am. I’m dealing with this every day. The breakdowns. Sleeping all day. Not eating enough. Or too much. I just know that if my mum was with me. Things will be normal. But honestly. I don’t think things will be “normal”.

LC…
…you will rise above all this, you will come out the stronger person…I am now 68 and have been through rather a lot in my lifetime to know that for every set down makes me a stronger person, although at the time i may not feel like it, but let downs push me to rise above those that let me down, disappoint me, just like your sister-father situation is affecting you now…Don’t get drawn into it, you will come out the stronger one in the end…take this from someone who has a few years in front of you, and i am still learning day by day, we never stop learning who to trust and who not to trust…the ones to discard and the ones to keep hold of…Of course this comes harder when we are talking of families rather than friends…You know the old adage of " we can choose our friends but we cant choose our family…" family rifts can be both broken and mended…

Jackie…sending you a ((( hug )))

1 Like

LC…
…what i am trying to say is…stay strong, you are the better person, you are loved…love yourself…your mother is with you every step of the way…

2 Likes

Thank you for the words. I definitely need to learn not to make it an issue. It’s just hard when I’m trying to hold on to someone who isn’t interested :frowning:

1 Like

I have her ashes in a necklace so I definitely believe that she’s with me always. Thanks again :heart: