Feelings 10 months on

I know we all have our own grieving journeys we are on… I’m 10 months on and I’ve now come to terms with the fact my partner is never coming back and as the days go on I’m not crying everyday but part of me feels guilty about this…
I am finding it hard though to visualise what he looked like when I first met him 33 years ago and when I think of him it’s as he was when I lost him… does anyone else have these thoughts or feelings

Yes It is 7 months since I lost my husband and because I am now suffering with ab illness (not life theatening). Things seem to have changed I dont cry I still think about him but not so obsessively. I feel very quilty about this as I dont think I should be feeling better so soon. I still feel sad and still miss him but its not as intense.

1 Like

Hi I lost my partner 10 months ago sorry for
Your loss also… I don’t seem to cry as intensely either and not everyday anymore
I too often feel guilty and question did I not love him as much as I thought… I’m hoping it’s a good thing and that I have now accepted his death but I’m not 100% sure I still get triggered easily by certain things and places we went…
I guess I just wanted to say your not alone in those feelings x

Hi there @Ilovehorses. Just come across my your post. I for one feel better if someone replies to me…. So here goes. I also have lost someone after 30 odd years, my dear wife. She died last September after a long struggle with vascular dementia. Even though she didn’t know me as her husband she still enjoyed my company and was content up to the end when she suffered a massive stroke that killed her.

I miss her every day.