Feels like yesterday

1 year and 15 days since I lost the love of my life, my best friend, my soul mate and it feels like it was just yesterday. It still feels like my heart has been ripped to shreds. We had made so many plans for the future. He was diagnosed with lung cancer and spinal Mets 10 days after his dad passed away with the same disease. 5 months later my husband passed away at the tender age of 53. Sunday would have been his 55th birthday and our 16th wedding anniversary. If it wasn’t for our children I really don’t know how I would have got this far.

Hello Fillyfox. I’m so sorry for your loss. This is a site of understanding and comfort and I’m so glad you’ve found us. I’m sorry though, that you have a need to be here. I know what you mean when you say ‘it feels like yesterday’. It’s been 2 years and 9 months since I lost my husband, the rarest soul on earth, my true love. :heart: Sometimes it does feel Iike yesterday and it would be so normal to hear his voice, his laugh, to see him walking in from the garage/workshop. Yet, at the same time, it feels like forever since I last saw him. It simply doesn’t make any sense. This forum has been a huge help to me and continues to be so. It is full of amazing people who are suffering their own loss and yet still have time for others, offering comfort and support. I hope you find it helpful too. Stay strong Fillyfox. Much love xx

Hi Kate just to say a big Thank you for all your kind and loving messages on here you have helped so many people. I know just what you mean about your heart bursting with love. I am just the same after loosing my Ron 3 and half years ago. I love him so much thought I loved him when he was here but now as you say my heart is also bursting. I have never said so much to him that I love him I just wish I said it more when he was here. We all have regrets after you loose some one and that is my biggest regret. Having to stay in and not mix with family and friends is making everything a hundred times worse. It is like being back at the beginning when I lost my Ron. Love and hugs to you Kate and thank you once again. xxxxx

2 Likes

Bless you rocketron, what a lovely thing to say. I have regrets too. My husband was always telling me he loved me but, like you, I never said it enough to him. He knew though, I know he did, just as your Ron will have known. Some things don’t need to be said over and over when you have a strong, loving relationship. Just a look can say it all. :heart:
It is difficult having to stay in but as it’s been said on here, the worst thing has already happened to us so we can see our way through this - piece of cake! I guess I’m lucky in that I’m still having to work, not quite so many hours but at least it gets me out. I am missing family though. I seem to be spending so much time on the phone or messaging. Take care rocketron. Much love :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Kate for your very comforting words. Love and hugs to you and we must try and carry on. xxx Carol xxxx

1 Like