Films, ur loved ones loved. 😊

What film did ur loved, and lost one, love? My mummy’s, was Australia with Nicole kid an, and The quiet man, with john Wayne. :grinning::grinning:

My mum liked John Wayne too. My husband’s favourite film has to be The Italian Job, the original one with Michael Caine. Also and perhaps a tad childishly, Convoy - apart from being in awe of the big trucks I think he had the hots for Ali McGraw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like

First off, what a lovely topic to steer away from the traumatics for a change! It’s good to focus on them and what they loved more than the gruesome details. Thank you for this.

My Dad’s favourites were probably Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Mask, John Wayne would be in there but I can’t think of his favourite, Superman original from 1978. Jungle Book. Loads more that I can’t even think of either but what a lovely memory.

X

1 Like

My Mum loved Far from the Maddening Crowd. The version with Alan Bates, Julie Christie and Terrance Stamp. The Pianist, Dr Zhivageo and Lawrence of Arabia.
She also love Robert Redford films. It was rather sweet, as last year we went to the cinema to see Robert Redford final acting film.

1 Like

My mums favourite film was Serendipity.
She was always asking me to watch it.
Today, my niece is celebrating her 21st birthday and has had a tattoo of the word Serendipity on her ankle in honour of her nan.
I dont like tattoos normally but its beautiful and has made me quite emotional x

1 Like

1 Like

I am not a tattoo fan, but I love this one and the ones which Ian has had in memory of his beloved Jayne. Sorry, I digressed, Stan’s favourite film and mine too, is “The Green Mile” starring Tom Hanks. It is a very sad film, but very entertaining.
The runner up is “Shawshank Redemption”.

1 Like

Love ‘The green mile’ Mary and ‘Shawshank’ brilliant films. Colin wasn’t fussy about movies he couldn’t sit still long enough to watch one and if he did he spent the entire time correcting any historical facts they had got wrong :joy: That didn’t happen till 1890 and that gun wasn’t produced till the nineteenth century. Used to do my head in :joy: that said he would always take me to the cinema even if he fell asleep which was often and even sat through ‘The greatest Showman’ twice if that’s not love then what is eh xx

1 Like

I love Dr. Zhivago.

1 Like

Mum loved films all films. I can’t remember her favourite which is upsetting me. But she watched so many and was a real film buff. So she probably
Didn’t have one favourite. But I do know she loved Jaws and Alien. She wasn’t a girlie girl. She loved action and thrillers. Nothing with too much violence and swearing though.