Finding a like minded friend

Am I on my own here or do others find they’ve not only lost their partner but also lost hobbies/pastimes because you’ve no-one to do things with.
My husband & I loved walking in the Dales & Wolds or just about anywhere really, just packing a sandwich & drink, driving there and spending a wonderful day just ambling along.
Its all gone now as friends are either married or just not fit or interested in doing - well anything really!
I do go walking on my own but do realise I have to be careful being a lone female. I’ve joined walking groups but everyone seems to have their own friends.
All this lovely weather and I just feel my life is slipping away and I’m not doing what I really want. I don’t want knit & natter groups - its not me , I feel I still want adventure while I can.
My dear Pete would be so sad to know I am struggling, we had such a wonderful life together, never stuck for conversation or something to do.
How do others cope and move on without being lonely all the time.

4 Likes

Hi. I can totally relate. I’m in the early stages of grief and feel that I’ll never have anything to look forward to again. I get what you mean about everyone being with partners or friends. I tried ‘meet up’ (search internet) but found the same issue. Also a lot of them seem more like dating sites, whereas, I’m definitely not interested and consider myself still married. Thinking of setting up a group in my area myself. I’d happily go out hiking with you, but probably miles apart.

2 Likes

Yes Leigh2 the world does seem to be made up of couples. I also checked out ‘meet up’ but it was meeting in pubs in the middle of Leeds mainly. I live near Wakefield so mainly do local walks at the moment, hopefully I’ll get braver.

1 Like

Hi Maz1948. I have private messaged you. Hope thats okay with you.

1 Like

Yes i feel same as my husband used to drive up to thirty miles away to go out together and I can’t go that far on my own now he died six months ago. He couldn’t walk dar but we would amble and sit by lakes. I forced myself and chatted to another lady on her own.

2 Likes