Finding Solace

Unfortunately, almost everyone on this site site has lost a loved one and desperately seeking comfort to get through the horrendous aftermath. I lost my husband last November and have been struggling since. I have good and bad days like everyone else but I have found a beautiful song - Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion which gives me some degree of comfort when I’m feeling down. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but sums up beautifully my memories of my husband.

1 Like

Hi My Life yes we all search for comfort somehow to help us along,I know how you feel,lost my hubby in March this year,and yes it’s been 6 months of bad days and slightly better days,our memories are precious and no one can take that away from us,I’ve recently started painting on canvas creating my own art,my hubby loved nature so I find comfort in painting the garden birds,owls,robin’s,trees makes me feel closer to him ,your song is a beautiful song,I hope you continue to find comfort and have better days x

Hi My Life, You certainly picked a beautiful song by an exceptional singer to listen to. Give “My heart will go on” a spin as well, some good words there too, in fact most of Her albums have two or three songs about loss. I lost my dear Wife 6 weeks ago yesterday after a 32 month battle with cancer. I have good days and bad days, at the moment more bad than good, but I know I’ll get over it eventually. My dear old girl will always have a place in my heart no matter what happens. I only had 15 1/2 years with Her but have enough beautiful memories to last me for ever. Before She died She told me that I had to have a good holiday somewhere nice after She had gone but I’m struggling to even think about something like that on my own.

It’s really early days yet for you LuciferSam49 and my heart goes out to you. I had 28 years with my hubby but no matter how long we had, it’s never enough. My husband had heart disease - quadruple heart bypass aged 39 followed by two further heart attacks that he survived. Last May he suffered third heart attack and whilst recovering in hospital, they had to operate for a perforated bowel. It was touch and go whether he’d pull through but he did and we had another 6 months together before he died suddenly in his sleep from another heart attack. I’m convinced he stayed with me whilst I had my own health issues and once he knew I’d got the all clear he felt he could go peacefully. He was my rock and that’s why this song is so special to me.

It must be extremely hard to think about going on a nice holiday so soon after losing your wife so just take time and do it when you’re good and ready. It’s really hard to have to do things on your own when you’re so used to being a couple.

My husband and I spent most of the last 3 years of his life at our holiday home and we loved it. He died there and I didn’t know if I could face going back there on my own but I did and have spent most of this glorious summer here. I feel more comfortable here now than I do in our main home so I think decisions will have to be made in the future but I don’t feel ready to make them just yet.

Hello xx
That’s the song i dedicated to.my sister before she passed away 3 weeks ago. I bought her the cd last year for xmas - she’d been terminally ill for a while. It’s a beautiful song and I’m glad you feel an affinity to it too. Take good care. Debs x

Hi
Try heaven by Bryan Adams it’s what we played at my wife’s funeral.
William

1 Like