First Christmas Without You

Dear Mum,

I miss you so much and even more so around this time of the year. I miss decorating the tree with you, I miss picking you for Secret Santa and knowing exactly what to get you. I miss you inviting way more people than we could fit in our house for Christmas dinner just because you liked having everyone together.
This season is a painful reminder of what I have lost. No one will ever fill this void that you have left. You are irreplaceable and the ironic thing is you are the only person that can help me feel comforted and safe right now.
I never expected or ever prepared for losing you.

I’ll miss you always!

3 Likes

Hi @CJ2022,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Thank you for sharing this, I myself know exactly how your feeling today Christmas Eve is my mums birthday and then obviously Christmas Day my mum passed away 5weeks today and it’s all just to much for me to process, like you my mum comforted me too and helped me to feel safe and now my safety net has gone, just know your not alone although it may feel that way I’m more then happy to chat with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry for your loss. The special days are so tough and even harder when they are so close together. Yes it definitely helps to process with someone who understands how you are feeling