First Christmas

I am dreading Xmas this year, my mum passed in February and whilst she was in hospital last Xmas I was still able to see her, but right now I dont want to ruin my daughter’s xmas as I’m there for dinner but know I’m going to fall apart.

Hello @Busby18,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling about the upcoming Christmas period, while trying to make it special for your daughter. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

We know that Christmas can be a very difficult time of year when we are grieving. We have an article on Coping with grief at Christmas which might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Thank you so much Alex, just to know someone has heard me makes a difference

2 Likes

My first Christmas also without my darling wife marian.
I was doing quite well till today I tried the advice of buying a little gift and card for her.
Writing the card and gift label one of the most painful things I have tried to do since we were “temporarily separated”.
I cannot believe the strength of emotions it has caused to ambush me totally unaware.
It may help others to do this but it’s really hit me hard.

I too have our precious daughter & so in law here Christmas Day and really worried I will spoil the festive spirit for them.

I’ll keep you in my thoughts & prayers also.

Shalom & as best a Christmas as you can possibly have, john (and marian);:pray:t2::blue_heart: