First post

This is my first post in here, my husband died 5 weeks ago tomorrow, we celebrated our second wedding anniversary when he was in hospital, everything has happened so quickly I can’t get my head around it all. I feel like I never will

5 Likes

hi ! I lost my wife four weeks ago come Tuesday and I feel exactly the same,I keep describing the way I feel as a kind of temporary insanity because my mind just keeps spinning so fast it hurts.
The one thing that I can suggest is that you should try find someone to talk to,someone who listens,it might be a friend or family member or it could be this forum or bereavement counsellor but it needs to be someone that you feel confident with,someone that makes you feel they care.
I freely admit that the pain I feel is all consuming so I’m probably not the best person to advise anyone,but I do know your pain and feel for you based on what things are like for me right now.
Losing my wife destroyed me,we were told 6 to 8 weeks and she lived 7.I think my mind didn’t take it in,didn’t believe it but now she’s gone and my life feels like it’s gone with her.
I hope you find some answers,some way of reducing the pain but It’s not a quick fix for any of us I’m told.

2 Likes

@Gill7
Hi, I’ve been away for a couple of days and just saw your post. 5 weeks its such an unbearable place to be. I’m 57 and lost my partner in January. I can still remember the pain from the early days but I it does get better. Take small steps, hour by hour if necessary. The raw pain does fade and it becomes more bearable and days do become lighter. Take it slowly, don’t think about the future, just live for the now and accept any offer of help. keep reading other posts, as understanding how it effects us all does help.

2 Likes