First Solo Birthday

@Rome18 oh no I always get one of those years event s cards mine will go in the bin too xx

Rome18 that is so tactless and uncaring and I totally agree with you on binning the card

I know Martyn, it wasn’t even a Christmas card, that was separate. It was a 6x4 glossy printed card with pics of her on hols and trips, with ‘My Wonderful Year’ across the top. I was especially upset because she knows very well what a dreadful year I have had,
Best wishes to you.

2 Likes

That is so thoughtless what is wrong with some people xxx

1 Like

Rome 18 today is a rough day for me as it was the day last December that we were told that nothing could be done for my gorgeous beautiful wife sue as regards her cancers .seems to me like your friend didn’t care about how you felt x

1 Like

Martyn, I am so sorry it’s such a rough day for you, all these horrible days of memories just bring us right down. The time of year makes it even worse if it’s possible.
It’s eleven months today I lost my dear husband, and this time last year he was about to go into a nursing home.

1 Like

Rome18 ten months since I lost sue .we had been together for 22years and married 7years. Sue was the best thing to ever happen to me especially after my first marriage breakdown. My first wife turned my three kids against me. But my eldest daughter saw through it and now lives with me x

1 Like

@UnityMan hi, it was my birthday on 8th, the first on my own, my family and friends did a great job keeping me company and it was a weekend of light relief and I loved their generous support. BUT now they are all gone, there is that feeling of being alone, where is my best mate and love to mull over what went on, OMG sadness all over again. Sending love to all having special days xx

3 Likes