First time post

I’m new here , I lost my 27 yr old son suddenly 6 weeks ago’ I’ve never lost someone so close to me so am not sure how to deal with grief I feel like I’ve had my insides ripped out left feeling empty and numb I’m trying to be strong but I’m struggling. Does it get easier with time like people keep saying?

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss and the pain. I lost my son in March 2023 aged 35 and I’m still recovering. Maybe the people who say it gets easier in has t been through what we are going through as the answer is NO, I believe you learn to live alongside the pain but that’s only my opinion. I find writing a daily journal really helps me. It’s like writing to my son daily. All I can is go with your emotions as no good holding back on them. Take each day as it comes. Be kind to yourself as well. Take xare

3 Likes

Hi Debbie

I think when you loose your child, you will always feel the loss. As time passes we navigate the raw pain in a more managable way. For me it has changed me, i am weakoned but i keep going. I keep trying as i would like to think i can honour my sons memory.

Grief is different for everyone and you will find your way.
I hope that you can find peace and space from the pain of the loss xx
Lynne

3 Likes

Hello, I’m sending much love. I lost my beautiful daughter aged 28 almost 6 weeks ago, very suddenly. It feels as if it happened both a blink of an eye ago and a lifetime. I miss her dreadfully, as does her identical twin, her 2 brothers and of course her dad. There is still a slightly surreal feel to the situation. Her cremation is on Monday with celebration of life next Saturday.

We were gifted our children and it feels so unkind to have them taken. It will never make sense to me.

I’m very happy to exchange messages as we go through this hell.

3 Likes

Child loss is like no other as so many here have unfortunately found out. They say that grief never shrinks you just learn to live around it, and unfortunately for child loss that’s counted in years rather than months.

These boards are very good as you realise your thoughts are completely normal.

2 Likes

Thank you and I’m sorry for your loss’ I have been doing exactly that keeping a journal’ I have his bedroom exactly as he had and I sit in there to talk to him & write down my thoughts and feelings.

I’m sorry for your loss’ I found him collapsed on our bathroom floor and he had passed. I’m still feeling great amounts of guilt that I couldn’t help him. He took tablets so I don’t know if it was intentional or an accident the wait from the coroner is taking so long…

1 Like

So sorry Debbie. I found my daughter. We had been out in the morning, had brunch, walked our dog, it was a lovely time. It seems within an hour she was dead, probably due to a catastrophic lung collapse, she had had more than 50 in 3 years. Coroner has launched an investigation into her care and I know that’s going to take a long, long time.

Collected her ashes today and I sobbed as I have never done before. This is all so hard.

2 Likes

I have my sons ashes back and have built kind of memorial with pictures of a Nicer time in his life some days it’s to upsetting for me to go in there I feel I could die of a broken heart I know I have to try and be strong for my other 3 children but it’s so hard.

1 Like

So sorry for your heartbreak.My son was killed in RTA 1st December 23 im 10weeks into grieving,there is no time how long it takes to pick yourself up and put yourself back together.Just know you are not on your own and people who have been and are going through this what seems like a nightmare feel every bit of your pain and feelings.Take care of yourself x

2 Likes

Im 11 weeks losing my son 31yrs old,i dont feel it easing.The hurt is constant i now struggle to leave the house on my own.The pain is incredable in my heart.Im not the same person i was.

1 Like

I too have made a lovely place in his room with his ashes and photos of happy times ‘ I can sit and talk to him whenever I need a moment to reflect.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss’ I know the pain your feeling some days I don’t even want to get out of bed just so I don’t have to face people’ I keep praying it will get better x

1 Like

Im 12 weeks into my grief i find it hard to go out the house,i have to push myself to

1 Like

I go into my sons room daily and speak to him,i also message him how im feeling

1 Like

Life is so very cruel sometimes.I feel your pain.The loss of our children is a different level of heartbreak and pain.I dont see an end to the hurt and tears

1 Like