First visit to husbands grave

Today, supported by my daughter and her husband, I visited my husbands grave for the first time since his funeral exactly a month ago.

It felt so surreal. How the hell has this happened to me. He was only 57, fit and healthy, got up during the night (sleep walking) and tumbled to his death. I’m
Just 54 and we should have had so many more years to enjoy.

I try to be positive and allow myself to grieve, but today feels like I’m living my own hell.

I’m sorry for venting off, but evenings/nights are the worse because that’s the time we would have just chilled out talking about our day, our plans for holidays, family get togethers or even just what’s for dinner the next night!

2 Likes

Oh @zana

I feel for you. It’s horrendous this position we find ourselves in.

What you miss is the ‘normal’
I think we all do

Sending love and hugs x x

1 Like

I ask myself this every single day, " why has this happened to me?" im only 56 and i am heartbroken, devastated, just like yourself. The pain is surreal, i am so very sorry for your loss, especially under such tragic circumstances x

2 Likes

Oh I completely understand how you are feeling.
My husband died in March aged 56 ( I’m 52) after a very short fight with a rare and aggressive cancer. He was fit and healthy and was still running his usual 10k at the weekends in November.
Whilst I mourn him , I also mourn the loss of our future together and all our plans. And the special Moments he will miss for us and our kids.
It is just so heartbreaking- and even now, 4 months in I wonder how this could have happened and is it real ?
I’m so sorry you are here too in this awful place. Life sucks doesn’t it …

Sending some love and hugs to all xx

2 Likes