Footprints in the sand (a poem)

Just recently Kate posted under the thread “How have I come so far?” and I was reminded of this poem…whatever one believe is personal to each of us but perhaps this poem might help remind others that although we often feel so terribly alone it is when we look back that we realise that we have been supported and loved when we have needed it the most. Please Google it and let its sentiments support you wherever you are on the grief path.
Take care x

1 Like

Amelies gran…yes a beautiful and very spiritual poem…

( Footprints In The Sand )

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”

~ Author Unknown…

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me of this amazing poem. I have a copy of it on my wall. I walk past it every day and not even a glance. I shall stop and take the time to look at it when I get home on Saturday xx

Yes Ameliesgran, a very beautiful poem and one that we need reminding of. Thank you for doing that. There isn’t any doubt in my mind that someone has been carrying me the past few months. Love to you x

I made a few changes in our smallest bedroom wanting to pick up on some holiday photos a beach themed picture. I opted for a set of canvas prints. One has stacked pebbles, reminds me of our walks along beaches where locals do this. In fact I now collect pebbles to do this at home. The next one has pebbles lying in situ with one heart shaped. So weird as I went to Greece after my husband passed away and in the day of our anniversary, on the beach that’s exactly what I found, a small heart shaped pebble. The other print has the sea washing up on them beach and a starfish and one footprint on. I put them up and stood back, perfect. I bought them on line and the detail was not too clear, so for them to reflect such memories is special. Can you guess what I put on my window sill?

1 Like

Do wish we had an edit button!! Sorry for typos!

That poem speaks of hope, help and love. Thanks for reminding me of it.:slight_smile: