Forever Sad

I’ve not posted for a while but take great comfort from some of the comments made. My husband died last Easter suddenly and it’s been one roller coaster since that time. My family and friends have been brilliant. My sons have suffered the same as me especially the younger one. They both have families of their own but have gone out of their way to support me the best they can. I’ve had good days, bad days and days in the middle but what I find hardest if the sadness that engulfs me. I have a lovely home no money worries and a wonderful circle of friends but the sadness remains all my waking hours. The last couple of days have been particularly tough and I don’t know why. I’ve kept busy, been swimming, volunteered at the local food bank but yesterday I cried all day even when I swam - I’m sure the other swimmers thought I was quite mad. I’ve reached out to my two best friends from school (we have remained friends since we were 11) and hey presto they’ve arranged a few days away for the 3 of us down on the South Coast. I know we’ll freeze but I hope the change of scenery will shake me out of the stupor. I am determined to move forward and park this sadness
for a couple of days and allow myself some well deserved happiness. Apologies for the rant I just needed to write down the feelings I have at the present time.
Much love
Georgina

6 Likes

Dear @Georgie15

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. There is no need to apologise for expressing your feelings.

Grief is a roller coaster of emotions with good days and bad days. There is no timeline for how long grief lasts, or how you should feel after a particular time.

Just take one day at a time and don’t be hard on yourself. If you want to cry, you cry. That is perfectly normal.

How wonderful to have such great friends that are taking you to the South Coast and are supportive. Enjoy your time and keep reaching out. We are also here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Thank you for your support. When I read other posts on this forum I sometimes feel I am so lucky to have such support and yet my broken heart will never mend. I’ll plod on the same as everyone else - thank you Pepsi !!
Georgina

3 Likes