Forgiveness

I wrote a letter to his mother telling her I forgave her, I did mean on that day I i wrote the letter. Francis left home at 13 his sister the Yr before at 14. His mum was a drinker was abusive
But she wanted control. When francis met me she realised she was no longer in control because I wouldn’t bow kow to her & the stories francis told me, I was respectful. But that wasn’t good enough, they made attempts to split us up didn’t work. But I realised I jumped the gun by sending he’s the letter saying I forgive, because I don’t. Now she’s playing games with calling at night from unknown numbers, this happened thru out our 10yrs together. Francis always said if I end up in hospital don’t call them or let them know. But as mother to a then 4yr old, i thought no i need to. Francis never got his dying wishes fulfilled we had our own plot but he’s now in with his dad. Who h to be honest doest hurt me because he adored his dad & it’s only a 2 plot of so she can’t join them. But I’m great belive in karma & it will come for her. There more to this awfull story. But even the judge said to me I’m sorry my son was to young to claim hit daddys boddy. In Scotland he would have to 7yr. I’m now starting a campaign to get rid of this sexist law that was made in 1436 1437 & still in use today.

I’m so sorry to hear about the death your partner and that you were unable to have him buried where you wanted. It is awful that his mother was abusive and controlling and is still harassing you with phone calls.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, as it’s important to have outlets for your grief. There are many other people here who have lost a partner and who will understand some of what you are going through. They are a supportive lot, and hopefully some of them will be along to reply to your post soon. In the meantime, you may also wish to read some of the posts in the Losing a Partner section to see what other people’s experiences have been.

2 Likes