Franky56

Wishing i could sleep .ever since my darling husband passed away 7 weeks ago i cant settle at night .anyone else have this trouble

2 Likes

At the beginning yes, I used to get to sleep but wake at 3am every morning. 4 months in, I sleep but fill constantly tired. I think a lot of people struggle with sleep.

4 Likes

@Franky56 I too hate the evenings and nights. During the day I try to keep myself busy but when I come home the evenings are so quiet and empty. This usually sets off the emotional rollercoaster which in turn leads to not being able to sleep. When I do eventually fall asleep I wake up several times during the night and then I am awake very early. I’m sure it’s all part of the horrible grief journey. Take care.

3 Likes

I’m the same. I feel exhausted all the time. I can fall asleep easily but seem to wake up around 3 or 4am most days. I feel foggy all the time these days.

3 Likes

I’m at 12 weeks now. In the initial few weeks I slept really well. I think the constant crying and not eating was completely draining me and I needed it
These last few weeks I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night and lie awake for ages. This morning I was up at 6am. When he was here I’d never get out of bed before 9 on a Saturday unless we were going somewhere :rofl:
I’m constantly tired though but my mind is always thinking about things and it’s hard to switch off :unamused:

2 Likes

Im at 4 years. I still cant remeber what a good nights sleep is any more

I’m so sorry for your loss, I definitely have this problem too. My husband passed away
3 weeks ago and I buried him last Monday.
My sleep pattern is all over the place, when I finally fall asleep it feels like I have slept for a hour or so only to find out it has only been 10 to 15 minutes. My doctor wants to give me sleeping tablets, but I’m not sure about them

I am just coming up to 4 years as well. Still wake up multiple times during the night.

1 Like