Friend lost

I lost my best friend 18 months ago. It’s changed me massively and I can’t stop thinking about him. Also at the same time I became a father which has been hard. I think missing him so much and the huge lifestyle change (we did everything together) is becoming very hard.

Hi Dave, I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost a friend around the same time as becoming a father. It sounds as though he was a really big part of your life and it’s understandable that you feel your life has changed greatly and he is on your mind a lot.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, as it’s really important to have outlets for your emotions and somewhere to talk about your friend - bottling grief up can make things worse. All of the users on this site have lost someone close, and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m so sorry for your loss. My precious son suddenly passed away in June, he was one of my best friends. He was his brothers best friend, we are devastated. Sending love and strength to you xx