Friend sent this to me today ❤️

Hi @Dottie72 and @Deb5 i can relate to what you have both said about moving house. I still intend to move probably will be next year now. I will be getting the estate agent in soon to see how much the house is worth and then progress from there. I think it will give me something to focus on and help me to move forward in my life with whatever that holds for me. I will be downsizing so will hopefully make some money to put aside for me to maybe travel in the future. I wish you both well. Lots of love.x

5 Likes

Yeh i don’t need to downsize really my house only 2 bedroomed … i just dunno if it would be easier to move than face some awful memories of my husband at the end ! Its truly horrific to watch your husband fade away … so sad … but its a big step and i no idea where i would go ? Cant get my head around much these days :frowning: i might get a valuation done but i do like fact i still feel close to my husband here … its a hard one. Maybe bit early yet ? X

2 Likes

Good morning and bless you all.
We all have such alot of shit to deal with never mind anything on top of it.
The other day I had a complete breakdown at work over something I would normally have brushed off

Reading your posts this morning reminded me of the advice my GP gave me on day 1…
Trt to eat, try to sleep, and Avoid anyone who will drain you emotionally.

Just about to drag myself out of bed to take our two doggies on our morning walk … Thank goodness for them…they give me reason to get up…and they don’t have the ability to drain me emotionally, just to love me…I’m lucky and blessed to have them

Hope you all have a reasonable day
Hugs all around :hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

@Deb5 . l know of 2 examples where moving house helped with grief, but someone said that dont make any big decisions in the first year as it maybe a knee jerk reaction to our loss.

3 Likes

My best friend John,died three months ago. I miss him so much.We were like brothers.On Friday,the hospital where John died,admitted I was not told I could have slept over beside his bed,because John was on end of life care. The Chef nurse of the hospital trust wrote ,she saw nothing wrong in a nurse waiting one hour 12 minutes to telephone me that John was passing away.Her delay meant when I arrived at the hospital,John was dead.I am taking matters further and possibly going public,to help other dying patients and their loved ones.God bless,all who are grieving,as I am.

3 Likes

The hospital in question,is King George Hospital,Goodmayes,Essex.Near,Ilford,Essex.

1 Like

@David10 . why am l not surprised. thats my local hospital.
l had my husband fast tracked out of there to spend his last 6 months at home. the state he was in was atrocious, hungry - couldn’t get food into his mouth quick enough, on wrong medication - his hands were swollen covered in ruptured blisters, filthy - my sister had to give him full head to toe bed bath (the dye from hospital pyjamas stained his body where he had not been washed for 2 weeks he was in there).
I thank God for the months we had left, at home, under my care.

2 Likes

I said i don’t want to move as I feel that i,m leaving sue behind. Plus the house was adapted for both of us stairlift and wet room and wheelchair lift at the rear because occasionally i have to use my chair when my right leg is playing up. My daughter and stepson dave family are really supportive but my sister in Leicester is being a complete b@tch.yet my adopted sister cant do enough for me.i loved sue so much it hurts to think how badly scunthorpe hospital treated her. The palliative care consultant was absolutely disgusted with the way scunthorpe treated her. Thats why she was moved to the hospice and he is backing my complaint against the hospital.the hospital staff mixed clean and dirty washing up so had to go and get another nightie .it is your time now to think of yourself now x

1 Like

Lotswife,so sorry your husband had bad treatment at K.G.H. Glad you got him home. John was too ill to come home or go to the hospice in Havering. He was kept clean.I washed his hair with a special shampoo that does not need rinsing and brushed his teeth.You could still contact Pals or make a direct complaint.God bless.

1 Like

I have a formal complaint in to scunthorpe which is being investigated as we speak and have been given the details of a good medical negligence solicitor. Not bothered about money i just want some answers on sues treatment. Like saying that sue saw an oncologist which she never did and missing xrays and scan results

2 Likes

Martyn2 good luck. My hospital leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Yeh i know thsnks martyn. Im confliceyed tbh. Half of me wants to stay here where my husband lived cos as you say you feel like youre abandoning their memory :frowning: another part wants to leave but dunno where i would go tbh ? Time will tell wont it when my path becomes clearer xxx

1 Like

I hope so .plus my health wouldn’t take another house move.plus constantly tired out due diabetic on insulin and heart disease plus being a right below knee amputation in December 2019.the last 5years have been horrible

My sister withheld the information of my mothers passing, I was informed by my neighbour, 21 hours later. Truly dreadful

3 Likes

Thank you for this. My Mum died 2 months ago and sometimes it all seems too much, This poem is a great comfort :heart:

2 Likes

Martyn2,I truly understand what you are going through.1.The reply to my complaints state,John had Alzheimers disease.John’s medical notes,that I have a copy of confirm as I knew,John had vascular dementia and Parkinsons disease.They replied that we lived in a flat.We,now I, lived,now I live in a house.This was on the medical notes also.The face to face meeting has been agreed by the chief nurse of the hospital and I will attend ,well prepared for the meeting. When people,like myself are grieving and a hospital cannot get basic facts correct about John,it makes my distress,worse.I, wish,everybody who is grieving,the loss of a family member or friend all the best.I believe,I will meet John again in a better place and if God took me soon,this will be fine with me,after the face to face meeting with the hospital senior staff.!!

1 Like

Good luck david10

That is beautiful, thank you for sharing it :green_heart:

2 Likes

Here’s another Donna Ashworth poem that my friend sent to me.

6 Likes

Many thanks. God bless.

2 Likes