Funeral is next week

I’m dreading the funeral of my bestie next week. I don’t want to go, but I don’t want to miss it either :disappointed:
I don’t want to say goodbye

2 Likes

I feel ur pain, the funeral was the hardest. Nothing can prepare u. My advise take each day as it comes

1 Like

I have just joined today so I guess the funeral happened- how was it ? I was waiting for my best friend’s funeral except her brother decided to be the only one at her cremation. However, there is a celebration of her life this Saturday.
I hope you feel that the goodbye isn’t the end of everything about your friend and you can celebrate having known them. Missing them is hard though !

2 Likes

The funeral took place last Tuesday 23/01.
It was really hard to bear and I felt far worse afterwards, like my grief had been reset.
The person being described wasn’t the friend or relationship that I knew and love. I felt confused and started to doubt what was true. It has taken some time, and speaking with other friends who knew her, to accept that our relationship was honest and true.
It continues to be very hard and I am feeling so very sad. I think about her, and the loss of what we had all the time. I cry several times a day.
I know this will ease eventually, but it’s not happening yet. It’s been 5.5 weeks since she died

Sorry the funeral was so hard ! Hold onto the truth you know -that’s the most important thing. No one can take that away from you. Keep on talking about your friend with the other friends . 5 weeks is still a short time . My friend died about three weeks ago and I keep crying everytime something reminds me of her. I keep wanting to tell her things that happen ! I expect this will continue for some time.

1 Like

Same here, I keep wanting to share my life, events, thoughts and feelings with my friend. It feels like they have nowhere to go and I have to internalize them.
It helps me to know that these feelings are valid and I’m not weird for feeling this way.
I think sharing how I’m feeling in a safe environment helps too.
I hope it is helpful for others as well :mending_heart: