Funeral

It’s my mums funeral tomorrow and I just don’t know how I’m going to cope. Its the first time in a while since mum passed that I don’t want to be at home. Things have already gone wrong and I can’t help but think it’s the start of things to come. Just wanted to see how other people have coped

2 Likes

Hi Lou5,

It is a day no body wants. I did this a few years ago. Although this will feel like the hardest day you have had to comprehend you have to make it a day for you your mum. Remember all the good times all the fun. Your mum will always be with you and as time goes on the thing you do will bring back happy memories.

I find the things I tell my daughter are the thing my mum told me but didn’t realise. The small things, childhood things will all come back and make you smile but she will always be with you in you heart and memories.

I hope everything goes as good as it can and my thoughts will be with you and your family.

1 Like

Hello Lou

I’m sorry for your loss. My Mum’s service was New Year’s Eve, so very recent.

Somehow, you will get through the day. It’s hard to imagine that can ever be the case but you will.

After that, unless you have absolute urgent situations to attend to, just do everything (or nothing at all) in your own time. Just simply “be”.

I don’t really have a lot to advise, but Ant123456 has wrote some really nice words of comfort.

Take care Lou.

Thank you for replying. Everyone keeps saying try and get some sleep but i can’t sleep anyway these days. I think I’m scared aswell as it hasn’t really hit me and I think after tomorrow it will then the phone calls etc will stop aswell which a lot of it has already

2 Likes

Hi @Lou5,

I know how you feel and understand. Sleeping is still hard for me most of the time, but do try and get some rest. If for yourself. You need all the energy you can get.

I want to be honest with you and say tomorrow won’t be easy. But remember, she will alway be with you, she will always have you in her sights. Remember all the happy times (some of the teenage you with the attitude) are also good to remember. The laughter, the smiles, the stories of when she grounded you. All these memories are the one that make you smile when you think about them.

Stay strong.

My mums funeral went well lot of it a blur to be honest. Today has been hard thinking what next and feeling lost I guess that is another chapter of grief

1 Like