Get to know me

Hi guys,

I don’t really know what to say although that may sound silly. Here goes I’m 28 years old, I’ve been with my amazing partner coming up to nearly 7 years & we have a beautiful 4 year old daughter. Now within them years we have lost his grandfather (heart attack - fathers side), my nan (heart attack - fathers side), his step father (many underlying health issues) & most recently his father (cancer). You could say I’ve been pretty lucky however because he has lost so many family members I try to cover up my grief as I feel like I have to be the strong one for him as he doesn’t cope with grief well. His dad was his best friend & although we knew it was coming nothing can prepare you for losing anyone. His grandmother (mums side) has also recently been diagnosed with alzhiemers & we know it is literally his grandfather (mums side) keeping her alive.

Thanks for reading,
Jade x

2 Likes

Dear @jadematt2015

Welcome to the community. Nothing sounds silly on here and thank you for sharing your post with the Community.

As a family you have been through a sad and difficult time and both you and your partner need time to grieve. Have you tried talking to your partner about how you are feeling and how he is feeling. Grief is a roller coaster of emotions and talking helps.

Sue Ryder here has bereavement information and support which you may find of help .

There are also other organisations that can support you both, if would like more information please email online.commuity@sueryder.org .

Take care and continue to reach out.

Pepsi

Hi,

Thank you for telling your story.
I’m so sorry for you losses.

I lost my dad august 11th 2020.
He was 50 years old just as my mom was 50 and I was 23.
I’m from the Netherlands.
So if there are grammatical fault or anything I’m sorry.
Dutch is my first language.
We just had lunch, he was gonna use the loo and then he came back sweating and said he had puked. That night my mom rung the hospital and they needed to come.
He was white as a ghost, he was not very relaxed, went up and down from his bed downstairs then up and again and saying things that weren’t right.
My dad had problems with his liver.
They checked him in at the hospital.
Due to covid I wasn’t allowed to visit so my mom was the visitor because I would her to visit her husband.
He got morphine to help with any pain.
The next morning my mum rung him and they talked.
Later we got a phone call from the hospital that they were about to be checking on my dad and found him unconscious and blue around the lips.
They reanimated and incubated him.
Also they kept him asleep/in coma.
He never woke up.
All his organs were failing.
So we had to decide to stop his treatment.
He passed away unexpectedly in 4 days.
It’s a good 1.5 year later and I’m still struggling.
The day of his 1.5 year since passing I decided to seek help.
I try to do everything that my dad wants me to do I think/hope.
I also write letters to him and that really helps me.
Everyone griefs differently and that’s okay.
You do you.
I also look like my dad and miss him dearly every second of every day.
And I lost my Nan (mothers side of the family) December 9th 2021.
So in 1.5 year I lost 2 people who I had a great bond with and love dearly.
We lost a family friend in 2016 and she only was 47.
My great grandmother passed away a few years ago too (fathers side).
Soon after my dad passed away my dad’s uncle passed away.
So we had a lot on our plate too, the last couple of years.