Getting older

Hi I’m only 50 and it frightens me that I will grow older on my own without James does anyway feel the same?
Christine x

I absolutely feel the same Christine. I thought me and my husband would grow old together. The future that should have been ours was snatched away so cruelly. I can’t say I feel angry about it but I do feel very very sad. I’m 10 years older than you and I’m resigned to the fact that this is my lot and I have to live with it. Sorry to be so blunt. Sending love and understanding xx

Hi I understand what you mean I know I have to adjust to life without James and carry on as best as I can it’s coming up for 5 months and it will take time.

Take care
Christine x

Hi I’m angry that my future with Ian has been taken away, all our plans everything. I’m 54 and I don’t like the person I’ve become, sad, tearful and wanting company all the time. I want to be the happy, in love and independent women I was 3 months ago. It’s all so unfair on all of us!!!
Sorry to moan not a good evening. Take care. Kay. Xx

Hi Kay I would give anything to have my old life back your right it’s so unfair.
Take care
Christine x

I couldn’t agree more. Take care Christine. Xx

I feel the same . Me and Mark were just getting to the point of having more time to spend with each other .All our hard work in the past had started to pay off . Our business was running pretty smoothly . Our youngest daughter will finish uni next year and our other two daughters are pretty settled with their partners . We have a place in Mallorca and had planned to go there last month for our anniversary and this month for Mark’s birthday. Now instead I am having to take a bigger role in running the business , contemplating whether to sell the villa because it reminds us all so much of him and trying to get through every day while I feel like I am going out of my mind sometimes because I miss him so much . I just take it one day at a time . I don’t even think about the long term . It’s too painful and to be honest because of what happened to Mark …talking to me one minute and unconscious from a cardiac arrest the next …I don’t even see the point of looking very far ahead . Life has shown me it can be totally unpredictable . So I just go from day to day and don’t think that much further ahead otherwise I will go crazy ! Sending everyone big hugs .
Romy xxx