Getting through each day without my mum and dad 😪

My dad passed away back in 2015 and he had been ill for a number of years and my mum did her best tolook after him. I felt she had only just got her life back after caring for him for so long when she was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer - she sadly past in September last year and I have a real sense of abandoment and loneliness even though I have my own family. My sister was killed in a RTA in 1989 aged just 7 so I feel Ive been going through the stages of grief for a long time. :broken_heart:

6 Likes

Hello @elaine9,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your parents and sister that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

So sorry about your lost i lost my Dad may 2003 and then found out my Mum had cancer in march 2019 and she passed away 8th oct 2019 then in march 2021 was told my husband had cancer he had fought it for for a year and a half then was told the chemo was not working he passed away 20th oct last year and my head is all over the place i can not sleep or eat i find myself crying alot and i have never felt such pain as i do now

1 Like

Ahh Sue Im so sorry for your losses sounds like you are going through so much and you are dojng the best you can but try to be kind yourself and its important to look after yourself. I know thats easier said than done…my biggest thing is lack if sleep and having no energy or enthusiasm to do anything. Thinking if you my lovely x

1 Like

Hi sorry gor your loss like u my mum got diagnosed with stadge 4 lung cancer .she was my dads carer she lasted 6 months died april last year .i became dads carer but infection after infection he died 6 months later oct last year .greif is a very lonely place .ppl try to be their but they dont understand if they have not lost anyone. X

Sorry to hear of your losses. Grief is a very difficult place. I lost my mother a few years ago and it is a devastating loss. I think we just have to take one day at a time and hope that things will improve with time. Grief is a process and we just have to work with it. I agree that people don’t understand our situation until they have experienced bereavement themelves. People and family come to the funeral but you don’t see much of them in the time after. I just deal with the loss of my mother the best that I can.
I hope you will find that the grief gets easier as the time passes.
Take care.