Getting worse every day

Hi everyone, it’s early days I know for me but I’m getting worse every day and not coping well .I’ve got no motivation at all, all I feel is sadness all the time. I’m sure I’m probably still in shock.I could sit all day and do nothing.all I’m thinking is that my son should be here and I can’t accept he has gone. I went to the cemetery this morning to talk to him and reflect…I miss him every second of the day.he was a kind caring and loving person .I’m struggling to look at photos as it just breaks my heart .I don’t think I will ever come to terms with it. I’m not even sure that counselling will help but I will try it .why is it also that some people seem to think you should be getting back into your old routine and work. I don’t feel mentally or physically able to go back at this time.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your lost- I’m feeling exactly the way your feeling my baby boy past away 6 weeks ago and have no motivation to anything but wish he was back in my arms, I’m not eating nor sleeping very well, I’m just in a constant state numbness. I think some people don’t understand because they have never experienced such pain hence why they might be trying to get you back into your old routine but what they don’t understand is the old you is now gone and your now starting a new journey (that’s how I try to think), even thinking of starting without your child makes it harder to move on because that’s not how it’s supposed to be.

So sorry for your loss, heartbreaking. Only a mum can understand how we feel.it doesn’t make any difference how old our children were you feel the loss exactly the same. My dear son was 25 .it’s truly devastating. I understand how you feel, I’m exactly the same …not sleeping ,don’t want to eat and no interest in anything.everyone has been so kind and supportive on here ,comforting to know there are people who are understanding and there if you need to get things off your chest.try and look after yourself, I know it’s easier said than done .here if you ever need a chat .xx

1 Like