Getting worse

I had to call the fire brigade once when Katie slid off her bus seat and got trapped. They were great, she came out like a cork out of a champagne bottle. The fire service called an ambulance because her legs were discoloured. Hospital checked her over but she was ok.
The next day the little bugger slid down again. I remonstrated with her, saying “We don’t want to have to call the firemen out again, do we?” She nodded her head!
But this time, I managed to grab her before she slid under the seat.

3 Likes

This was the second time. Once we called them out in a previous house when one of our cats got stuck between the garage ceiling and the floor of the room above the garage. That was a bit like Benny Hill as well. Our local firemen are not full time. Had to get in the house via a bathroom window to get me off the floor. Thats when they suggested the key safe.

2 Likes

I have just finished work and thought I would pop on here to see how everyone is doing, reading these posts it seems you have all lost the plot :joy: it feels like I have landed in the middle of a movie made up of Castaway, Benny Hill, Fireman Sam and Carry on Widows lol…I’m not sure my paddles or canoe can save any of you :joy: but so long as you are all having a bit of fun, all is well…errm…

4 Likes

Welcome to Middle Earth! Xx

2 Likes

When I retired I did some bookkeeping part time for a local hotel. The owners were an ex model and an ex actor. The god father to their twin girls was Orlando Bloom. Never came to visit worse luck. All we got were local Yeovil footballers.

2 Likes

Hi Lyn welcome to the good ship lollipop.

1 Like

But I don’t have hairy feet?

1 Like

I can be Shirley Temple (just about remember her) lol :joy:

1 Like

You could always be an elf. They didn’t have hairy feet.

3 Likes

Not Shirley temple but as a child I did resemble Annie with lots of red curls. I also went to stage school so could sing and dance. I should say stage school was to correct knock knees and pigeon toes.

1 Like

Yes elf left on the shelf lol

1 Like

If you are all home alone Saturday night, I am inviting you to a Widows disco, just bring your music /tunes (via YouTube) , drinks and nibbles (photo’s please) 8 til late

4 Likes

Well that’s one film I would love to see,starring Tom Hanks,Benny Hill,Shirley Temple,McAuley Culkin,a football and an iceberg lettuce,filmed on Dickie Bs island with us as supporting cast,me dressed in my Morris dancer outfit and Lyn providing the music

1 Like

Don’t forget Jane as wonder woman as her voluptuous self…

1 Like

Beats being Wonderwidow, I suppose………

1 Like

So, what would Wonderwidow’s costume look like?
I think a cape goes without saying. Possibly black with added sparkle. A small discreet veil, again with the odd rhinestone, just to make it interesting.
A large logo, two intertwined W letters, in diamante, I think. These would be prominent on the front of the black thermal vest. Very large M and S pants, again thermal. Damart would suffice if M and S are out of stock. Some of those cosy leggings from Primark.
Now, footwear? Do we go sensible and wear trainers, or push the boat out and wear fluffy slippers?
Xx

1 Like

What no tiara.

I forgot headgear, maybe a hairnet a la Ena Sharples?

Over curlers.

Yes! You have hit the nail on the head!
Curlers, it is, with a fag in the corner of my mouth!
I can see it all now, I could brandish a broom, with a spare toilet roll fed onto the handle. Perhaps a floral overall would be better than the cape?