Getting worse

Hi Harriet
I get it. As I too am in the same boat. People do get on with there lives. Its early days for us all. Each room is full of memories I was upset the other day as I was clearing the garage amd got paint ony t shirt she brought me. I was upset. Its very hard isnt it. I am now thinking I know next year I will have to leave and resettle but will have all our belongings it will hit me then even more. Here I do feel her around am I kidding myself shes never coming back. I know wherever I go it will hit me like a ton of bricks. The grief will remain the thought of it lapsing is not entering my head. I went through her phone the time line. I was upset as I had forgotten where we went and it was so sad to see only a few months ago we had a lovely meal not far from here. I cant belive it it really was upsetting to see no one knows what the future holds. Family and friends move on specifically now with the festive season coming up. Prefer own company as they dont really understand. You need to do what you need to do …

6 Likes

After all this last weekends events it’s given me pause for reflection,if my future is going to end up being pushed around by a grumpy nurse sitting in my bath chair in a dingy nursing home,the least I can do is change what I can change and leave what ,I can’t I will still have to return to an empty home,climb into an empty bed,and feel very lonely,but surely there’s a touch of joy to be had inbetween I will try.

6 Likes

Last week you were encouraging someone to live life on the edge. Why not combine your two possible alternative visions of the future and persuade the grumpy nurse to sit in the bath chair with you. Not that I know what a bath chair is. We voluptuous 18 year old blondes call them mobility aids. We don’t know of hearing trumpets either.
Who knows, the grumpy nurse might push your bath chair to your usual sleazy biker bar. Under her nurse hat she might have the compulsory ponytail you mentioned.
What joy that would be.
I am currently marooned in my house with my daughter, surrounded by flooded fields and a river where the road used to be.
I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway, although making a face on an iceberg lettuce is more difficult than a football. The marker pen ink keeps running, the eyes look as if it’s crying, just like my mascara when I cry. Perhaps I will decide to be Robinson Crusoe instead and look for a Man Friday, one that can do spreadsheets and understands app controlled ceramic infrared heating panels.
Your imagined dingy nursing home sounds almost as grim as The Swamp.
Xx

5 Likes

Hi Ron and all

I feel for your future. I am 59 dreadful today keeps hitting me. Here on my own awaiting a call from solicitor then can go out with jack. Just keep thinking is this it god sake really. Friends disperse cant see a head of me cant say this to work folk they dont know how to react. I can here. The effort of starting again I dont mean with anyone just having to change whole of future planning. Work remains the same. Now they are all talking about the festive works do… couldnt care less. You just feel on your own. Maybe thursday will make an effort to do somethings outside but did do some housework. But cant seem to shift this now… thanks for listening x

2 Likes

No objections to being pushed to the sleazy biker bar just not by a grumpy nurse,I know my diy skills are rubbish but I would pay to watch you climb a cliff for wood to build a raft wouldn’t your voluptuous get in the way though,at least you wouldn’t need any empty drums ,and I think Lyn has some spare paddles and a bucket,

1 Like

This is starting to sound like the plot of a carry on film.

3 Likes

Willow Windsor sounds good,just hope her bikini top is more efficient.

1 Like

Hi Ron, my hope is that I will get pushed around by a very handsome chap - well a girl can dream, oh dear it has been many a long year since I was a girl and I had my handsome chap so I had better get back to reality. After I had my melt down last week I decided to get a grip and pull my big girl pants up. Tomorrow I am looking at a new car, something smaller and more suited to an old lady climbing in and out of a SUV doesn’t get any easier. I gave the decorator the go ahead so he is ready to start. I hope Saturday night went well.

3 Likes

It did thank you,ideally I would want one of the nurses off Benny Hill to push me around,but hey I can dream,hope your car search goes well,I’ve heard the new Porsche is a beast.

3 Likes

Infamy! Infamy! You’ve all got it Infamy!

I will have you know that I was in the Brownies, until I got excommunicated because Brown Owl caught me smoking.
But I know semaphore and I reckon I could make a string of flags from a Barbara Windsor bikini top.
I would get Man Friday to make the raft.

Or you lot could join me and we could make Widoworld Commune.
Xx

2 Likes

I hope you aren’t marooned for too long, a computer literate man Friday sound just the job.

1 Like

I think my grandson would have something to say about me driving a Porsche but it would be fun.

2 Likes

Well I’ve had a word with Dickie B he said for a fiver each we can have his place,but would my tech stuff work there,the only semaphore I use these days is attached to my hands.

2 Likes

There are some man Fridays who couldn’t put together an IKEA flat pack I am one.

3 Likes

You are into Morris Dancing, Ron? They wave colourful hankies around.
Would we all have to wear red suits on Dickie B’s island? And bank with him?
Xx

2 Likes

Nope he insists on going back to short skirts high heels and low cut blouses bloody hell can’t get Benny Hill out of my head,we don’t need banks just forage our own supplies

2 Likes

I can hear the music and see the speeded up film.

2 Likes

Any chance of some hunky firemen coming to your rescue with a dinghy? First time I fell at home I was locked in before key safe installed. Firemen came to get in and get me off the floor. Neighbour handed them all tea.

2 Likes

So does that mean we have to have “Ernie” as our theme tune.
There was widow in that song, she lived all alone in Lily Lane, at number 22.

2 Likes

Afraid so,but with only a fig leafs covering our bits,what happens when it rains.

1 Like