Getting worse

My mums favourite was,what’s for tea mum “a run round the table and a bite out of the leg”don’t understand it to this day😂

3 Likes

Classic that one,

2 Likes

If I have to tell your Dad, this time next week you will still be walking backwards.
Still puzzled.

4 Likes

Morning every one
The dreaded weekend is upon me again.
I have hardly shut my eyes last night and look and feel like a zombie this morning.
I could barely get out of bed this morning. and finally rallied/ forced myself up at 10-30.
Still sitting here drinking coffee.
Can someone come round and crack the whip.I had company yesterday afternoon for a few hours and a nice long chat on the phone last night.
It helps a bit .
I just can’t see me getting through another day
The way I feel just now.
I will of course I was so moved by Jo’s description of how she would fight on in her beloved husband’s name as he had fought on so bravely.
I will do my very best also in my Sam’s name.
He was a fighter and never gave up and despite his many horrible health conditions he just got on with his life our life.
That is what I miss his love his strength his absolute determination his company
This of course does not stop me feeling just
so very low and dreadful.
I think I need the ropes guys to drag me up because I feel I am sinking .
I will be again covering the clocks.
Sorry to moan.
Doreen x

5 Likes

You aren’t moaning Doll, I too am having a very sad morning and have cried mos5of it, I wrote a birthday card to our grandson who is 20 and only signing it Nana broke me. I hope your weekend isn’t too bad.

3 Likes

My Mam used to say windmill pie if it goes round you will get some

3 Likes

Dol my Mam used to that about a cuddy as well I am a Northumbrian and another one was you look like you have been kicked by a cuddy if I was in a mood. When I married my Yorkshire husband I used to have to translate for him.

2 Likes

Hi rajah
Thanks for your message.
I have four birthday cards to send this month and my name only on them
I have considered putting my Sam’s name on
Them as well as he would have wished them a happy birthday if he was here.
Do you think people would think it is not a nice thing to do . ??
Am I being morbid??
We have the Xmas cards to face, always was my job Sam put the stamps.
I hope you can have a better day.
Love and comfort Doreen x

2 Likes

Hi again
forgot to ask what part of wonderful Northumbria??
Doreen. X

2 Likes

South Tyneside, near Hexham

2 Likes

I considered putting Rays name on as well

2 Likes

Hi

Juat need to wrote this down. Been to 3 of our walks today all so painful crying breaking down. How on this earth am I meant to carry on. How. I am seeing couples everywhere. This cant get any worse can I found 3 feathers today. Back home have housework. Just sat here want to scream and shout and shout and shout. Head hurting with stress whixh I know will increase blood pressure. I know everyone is suffering. I am 59 had plans big plans with my soulmate. So distressing please dont say one day at a time as to me its one more day without herx

4 Likes

Hi rayjay
Near blyth and seaside
Doreen x

1 Like

I know the area well my mum was from Newbiggin by the sea

1 Like

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad today and hope you can find your way out of the swamp. I was broken this morning when I wrote our grandsons birthday card then I thought Ray wouldn’t like to see me like this so I invented a neighbour round for coffee and had a natter to her, she is recently widowed as well. Sending you a hug :people_hugging:

2 Likes

So sorry.
I understand.

I went out this afternoon to do a bit of shopping.

I saw quite a few men by themselves or with a partner.
They were about my husband’s age and older.
I kept on thinking ‘Why are you here and he is not?’.

Home again and will try to distract myself.

Rose x

3 Likes

Oh Rosie jack
How horrible for you .I feel for you and I know your grief is overwhelming.
When you love someone so much it really really
hurts.
It more than hurts because we realise these
Beloved people are never coming back.
Agony.
I know what you mean about couples.
We all were once couples and I feel angry and
jealous I suppose.
I feel conspicuous and I never did before I wonder if people are looking at me and commenting.
I wondered what the significance of the feathers
was for you.
Hope it’s not too painful.
I don’t know to cope or if I ever will and I think now what is the point, is there a point to all of this?
I know and understand we are all suffering on here and thank goodness for the posts.
I can only hope we can somehow get some sort of ??? I don’t know peace while continuing
to love and miss the love of our lives.
Thinking of you. Doreen x

3 Likes

Hi @Dol1

Regarding writing in birthday cards.

It was my Granddaughters birthday a few days after Rogers funeral. As much as it hurt I had just signed it Granny.

She straightaway said " but you’ve not put Grandad Roger in the card" I asked her if she wanted me to and she said yes.
She’s 26 and was Rogers step granddaughter but she loved him.

So when it was the next one in May I put him in but the next one is in November and it will be nearly 9 months, do I still do it?

Everything becomes a dilemma when they leave us.

I don’t think I will put him on Christmas cards.
Its so hard to know what to do

Love snd hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

Hiya Liro it is so hard but I have started signing them from me and Millie, i cry each time I have to do a card. Its a killer. But I dont want to hurt anyone else or they think I have lost the plot. Which I have lol by signing them from me and Gra hugs Jo xxxx

2 Likes

Hi everyone
Regarding the cards and signing.
I feel that with my Sam passing away I have had to take so much off him.
Things I had no idea I would have to do.
Take his name off bank accounts,
building society and all utility bills sell his much prized car every thing, contact the land registry to take his name off the house deeds.
I felt terrible like I was wiping him away.
So I will put his name in his memory on our cards.
Probably sounds daft and when the recipient
gets them will be surprised .
It will hopefully make me feel a bit better.
Love and comfort to all.
Doreen x

4 Likes