Going though the motions

Wake up with same depressing feeling another day to get though. Put on a happy face but inside I’m dead. Get washed and dressed to sit in chair thinking of my past life with Jim wishing I could go back because I hate this life it’s just an existence. I live on my own no one to talk to I wish I could be with Jim now. My heart feels like it’s broken in half and I cannot repair it

I’m sorry to hear that your having such an awful time! I can totally relate, last year I lost my little sister and my mum :cry: and then earlier this year my stepdad passed away too :cry:

My heart feels so broken like it will never be the same again :broken_heart: but we have to keep going that’s what they would want for us!

Stay strong!

I hear you. We go through the motions because we have to. I thought I was doing ok but this last fortnight has been a night mare. Major breakdown at the weekend. Not eating, sleeping, today I have the shakes.

Feels worse when you are on your own. No hubby to give you a cuddle and reassure you

Take care Dee xx

Hiya it’s hard I live on my own try to get out with my dog everyday and try to keep busy lost my husband one year ago love of my life take care of yourself annie x x

I live on my own too and walk the dog with some friends from the dog walking group …… but still come home to an empty quiet house, empty bed,
Everywhere I look I see Martin.
There’s just no comfort from any of it at the moment

Dee xxx

It’s a lonely life Dee but what can we do married to john 44years life will never ever be the same just got to plod forward got 2wonderfull children but they have there lives my son getting married next year asked me to be his best man a great honour lv annie x x

Hi @Misprint,

I’m so sorry to read about your Husband and about how you are feeling - I know you have said in another post that you feel like ending it all which is really sad. Please know these thoughts are not unusual. You do however deserve the right care and support given how you are feeling Misprint - I’d encourage you to reach out and talk about how you are feeling, either with someone you are close to or through contacting/accessing some of the services offered by the following organisations:

Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence - you can call them on 116 123 or, if you would rather write things down, email them on jo@samaritans.org

Similarly, Shout are also contactable 24/7 but this time by text - all you need to do is text SHOUT to 85258 to talk to them about anything.
The At a Loss website might also be helpful as it allows you to search for bereavement services and/or others who are in a similar situation in your area.

In case you are not aware, Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service if you feel some one-on-one support would be beneficial. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home - you can find more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

If you find things are becoming too much and feel you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Do take care and keep reaching out,
Megan

Ps. Thank you to all those who have commented on this thread and reached out to support @Misprint. Take care everyone!