Gone

I’m feeling like I need too leave this world just like he did, and left me all alone

2 Likes

I feel the same, it’s hard to carry on.
Some time I want to be on my own and sometimes I scared to be on my own.
I don’t want to carry on with out him.
It’s so hard to know what to do at times like this.
I drove home late to stay in our bed because he feels close but now I scared to do it so sitting in the car out side wondering what to do

2 Likes

This is quite a normal feeling I often feel life is pointless without my beloved person But this passes You are a worthwhile person in your own right and still have a lot to contribute to society

5 Likes

I do feel that too from time to time but at times I believe he would want me to carry on doing what we used to do together, living life for both of us trying to accomplish what’s left unaccomplished - so I now set out to do just that and hope he will be proud of me :crossed_fingers: Right now one baby step forward and two giant steps back but will keep trying, with my angel spiritually by my side :crossed_fingers:
Sending hugs - take good care everyone x

4 Likes

Hello @Jollee1971,

I’m so sorry for your loss. You’ve had some really supportive responses already, but I just wanted to share some things with you to help you through this.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts when they are grieving. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, @Jollee1971, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Sorry for your loss ,i lost my husband January this year so i understand how you feel.Maybe you can think of the good memories you shared together as i try to do .Grief makes you feel like this . I have found i find the strength to go on. Seek help if you are feeling like you do.Hope this helps.

1 Like

@Jollee1971 you poor love . It’s absolutely hell without our beloved men . I know that need to be with him but you need to focus on yourself. Each day it gets a little easier to cope with . It’s never out of your thoughts I am at a year next month and it’s still raw and painful . I keep myself busy and be kind to myself . I am off abroad with my son for that painful date in may . Take small steps my love

2 Likes

@Seaneen thank you I have now signed up for the online counselling, and the text service,so just waiting, I just don’t have anyone to talk with, and just had a bad few days, just want to cry all the time, but am trying to keep it going for my kids and keep going and doing the normal routine

3 Likes

@Jol
It’s just so hard at the moment, just having a bad time at the moment, just want to cry all the time.

We were not living together for the last few years, and when he got the cancer diagnosis, he was told it was stage 4 and he didn’t have much longer, so he went to stay with family for support, as he had a teenage son he had sole custody off, he did live six more months, and I didn’t get to see him in that time, he did keep promising I would get to see him, but never did, and it just doesn’t feel real, even though I did go to his funeral

2 Likes

My lovely husband died on the 1st February 2024 i miss him so much. To add to my grief my dear sweet and gentle doggie Rosie the rescued greyhound was put to sleep today. She was fourteen and a half years old, good for a greyhound, but she got really weak and her quality of life wasnt good. My son was with me at the vet. We’re both so so sad another large gap in our lives.

2 Likes

@miniaturist5 I’m so sorry to learn about your lovely dog leaving you today. It will take a lot of getting used to and I’m thinking of you at this painful time.

2 Likes