Gorby

i am not sure if i should post this but its bereavement and thats what this is for .
Gorby , Mikhail Gorbachev has died and its a loss . Alright i didnt know him personally .but have followed some of his leadership and dealings with US . We had a phrase 'We all loved Gorby ’ and we did and i still do . He was a big deal at the time where i lived and we all liked him
What to do when its a former world leader ??? and you feel the loss ?
Always in my thoughts Gorby. You were a bright flame in the darkness .RIP

1 Like

Knock on effect
I have just posted about grief about Mikhail Gorbechev . Has Sue Ryder any thoughts for dealing with this when its a very well known person ???
I normally read Cold war books so thought i would get my books out on Gorby see his good examples and follow them . i dont know if a book of condolance would start in my area
But knock on effect is it brings it back about my dad
Two bright beautiful flames in the darkness gone . RIP

Hello @chiara, thank you for sharing your feelings with us.

We know that the death of a public figure can stir up emotions about our own losses. Our Head of Bereavement wrote this blog about this which you might find helpful. It’s called Grieving for a public figure. Please do keep reaching out here and if you feel like some extra support might be useful right now, our Online Bereavement Support has a few options to explore.

Take care
Seaneen

thank you for your reply . I have read Grieving for a public figure and it helps
I didnt know if i was being a bit silly at first but i really feel his loss as he was so popular and we just all loved this guy . He really tried hard for peace and i admire the guy for that .
Reading about him and his life as i have done brings him close but he really was a very popular person
Thanks for your help

Hi Bluebell 1 thanks for reply and understanding . Do you have George’s autobiography ???That might help . I read about Gorby his memoirs . The Heart Foundation have a sculpture in Sheffield Its a massive heart and you can have loved ones names engraved on it in memory of them . I had Gorby’s put on ! i didnt know if they would accept a Russian being British Heart foundation but they did !