Grandad losing he’s battle

Hi everyone, this is my story when I was 11 I lost my
Mum and the 15 my dad, however my Nan and grandad raised me from a baby and in 2012 my grandad got diagnosed with prostate cancer he is now in he’s last days possibly hours of life. He went asleep yesterday and hasn’t woken since my heart is in pieces I have delt with grief before but this is on a whole next level I am wondering if anyone has any advice on coping with grief

1 Like

You’ve taken a brave step posting Claire. There’s lots of people here to support you through this. Anytime you need someone to talk to, we’re always a message away.

I’m hearing how close you are to your Grandad and it can be extremely difficult seeing someone you love slowly deteriorate. It’s understandable to hear how you’re feeling, the pain of loosing someone can be really difficult to experience.

In terms of advice on coping with grief, you may find this article on our website useful to read through.

Here’s a section from the article:

The death of someone close to you can feel overwhelming, and you may feel a mixture of emotions. There are things you can do that may help you to cope with your loss and people who can support you through your bereavement.

It helps if you’ve got support within your own family and friends, as well as from others such as a support group. This is because friends and family are the people who will be there for you in the long term. Talking through your feelings It may be enough to talk with family or close friends. Or you may find it helpful to get dedicated bereavement support, either one-to-one or in a group.

Keep posting here whenever you need to, I’m sure some other members here might be able to offer you some tips on what’s helping them. You’re not alone :yellow_heart:

We lost him early hours of this morning :cry: