Grandson

It was my grandsons passing anniversary on the 17 February people keep telling me it will get easier but at the moment it’s getting harder they say he’s not in pain anymore no but I am I’m trying so hard to support my daughter but inside I’m screaming help me he was 20 when he left I can’t use the word d___ he left twin boys behind it’s just not fare this week we went and scattered his ashes the song we had for his funeral plays most days on the radio sometimes I can listen to it others I have to turn if off. Can’t believe that something so alive can suddenly be gone I just can’t talk to anyone about it

2 Likes

Hello @Jane20,

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandson. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and it’s getting harder.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

@Jane20 I’m so sorry for the loss of your grandson. I just wanted to leave a quick message to say you’re not alone in what you are feeling.

I lost my 2 year old son in Sept 2023 and it has been felt deeply by our whole family. His grandma especially, was used to having this loud, energetic toddler around and then he was gone all of a sudden.

I imagine it can be alot for grandmothers to cope with, feeling that loss and also supporting their own child through something like this.

I hope you find a way to keep talking about your grandson and also how you are feeling. I’ve started using a journal and find it works well for just getting my thoughts out.

Take care