Greaf and work

Lost my hubs 4th January under doc for antidepressants and working .my supervisers no help .they allways ask me if i want additional hours if some one is off.i said i couldent for reasons …you would think this person woulnt go blabbing to other workers with what i have said to this person i overherd this person also saying we all have our problems … superviser doesnt ask a srtin 2 people .when i said why dont you ask them …this person said well if you dont want to do it …why all on me … i know when i had time off i was talked about because another person has just lost someone and this superviser says things like no sympethy at all…

2 Likes

Hello @Sadmum62 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your husband that brings you here and the challenges you are having, this is so difficult for you.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Thats awful … you deserve sympathy for sure. Its only 4 months ago. If you feel you are being bullied at work you should go higher and report it :frowning: hope youre ok xx

Im going see what happens over the next month or 2 …but i am thinking of looking for another job…iv got close by family if i need them

1 Like

So sorry for your loss and how you are being treated at work. I went back to work very quickly to establish a routine so I didn’t crumble. My husband is never mentioned and the work keeps piling on. At my annual appraisal I was asked what my best achievement was this last year and I said turning up for work each day since my husbands death putting on a show of being ok. Silence. Unless they’ve been there they have no idea.
I hope things get better for you. Don’t be too quick to change jobs. The grass isn’t always greener and I chopped and changed my mind so often the first year that I decided to keep routine going. Making small changes now my mind is clearer and more rational.

1 Like