Grief and an affair

My dad died 7weeks ago. I feel totally alone. My mum is keeping ridiculously busy, my husband says “i know” but he doesn’t. His dad is coming round far more then he ever did. Its a bit like he is trying to reply my dad, doing jobs.
My head is all over the place, and I have seen a friends partner 3 times. He lost his dad, he gets where im coming from, the problem is we have ended up kissing each time, very passionately. I know its wrong, and I don’t want to hurt anyone, but somehow I need it.

What the hell do i do.
I am hurting on far too many levels

1 Like

Dear @Sarahc

Welcome to the Community and for being so brave in reaching out. You are still in the very early stages of grief and your emotions will be all over the place.

There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. If you have not done so already, it would be worth booking an appointment with your doctor and let them know how you are feeling with being bereaved and hurting so see how they can support you.

You may like to consider one to one Counselling. Sue Ryder offer free Online Bereavement Counselling if you are interested.

Take one day at a time, grief is a journey and not a race and be gentle with yourself. You are not alone; we are all here for you. Please continue to reach out any time.

Take care.

Pepsi