Grief and anger

Hi, I lost my dad in November last year to lung cancer. It was fast. Three months from him complaining of a shoulder pain to the dreaded call. I have since found out he has left me nothing in his will, and all to his wife, who he left mum for about twenty years ago and whim I’m not particularly close to, I’ve always felt like she is it tolerating me and Im really just a pain in her backside. I thought we were close, I idnt want a lot, just something small would have been nice but nothing is a kick in the teeth, I miss him and I’m angry at him. I since lost my uncle last weekend to lymphoma, who I was close to. It all feels very overwhelming.

Hi Jacklemus3,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your dad, and also your uncle, and that your dad didn’t leave you anything in his will. It sounds as though it’s less about the money for you and more about a feeling of him acknowledging your relationship? This doesn’t change the close relationship you had in the past, but your anger is completely natural and understandable. Being angry with him doesn’t mean that you miss him any less.

I hope that it helps a little to have this Online Community as a place to get those feelings off your chest. Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. While you wait for more replies to your post, you might also find it helpful to read and reply to some other recent posts in the Losing a Parent section of the site: https://support.sueryder.org/community/losing-parent