Grief at 6 months

I know I haven’t been through as hard as some people have here, but I lost my Grandmother 6 months ago, I am 35, she was 93 and she was like a mother to me. We spoke most days my whole life and I miss her so much. I find that my grief has got harder rather than easier and for some reason this month has been so triggering for me. Her funeral was in August but we are burying her ashes in February with a small family ceremony and I find the finality of that so much harder. I know she lived a long life and I know also that she is with me in thought, everyone l tells me both of these things but I just miss walking through her door, seeing her, hugging her and chatting, holding her hand, her funny comments and wise advice. Does anyone else find 6 months difficult?

1 Like

Hello Ems12345,

I’m so sorry to hear about you’re Grandmother. It sounds as though things are still very tough for you at the moment still.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share this link with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex