Grief/loosing a Partner

How do u get started just talking too other people, when your whole worlds tuned upside down, for a bloke how can you speak too genuine women in this day & age just Miss going for a meal or coffee / friendship got male friends but not the same I should imagine it works both ways as it’s hard too know genuine people as years ago we met in real life/pubs etc plz let me know if you feel the same

Hello Steveo23,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling at the moment. I’m so sorry to hear about the grief you’re going through. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi @Steveo23, you didnt ket us know how old you are, or what you were looking for in meeting new female friends. The last thing I wanted was a romantic relationship with another woman, but I did miss talking about things other than football etc, the ladies are far far better at talking about feelings. In the 10 months since Penny died, Ive somehow developed 3 friendships with 3 lovely ladies. One accused me of starting a harem! I was never any good at “pulling the birds” in my youth. Im not sure how it happened, I was just happy with talking to them outside cafes, in a ukulele club, or at the animal rescue place, and asked them if they wanted a coffee, or go for a walk, or a meal. Then repeat. Its far easier to strike up a conversation if you have a dog or two. I hope you have got one, if not, get one or two.
Be confident, open and sensitive.
Good luck.