Grief ups & downs

Hi all
I’ve posted on here before but today I have learnt something I would like to share. I went to finish emptying our motorhome for the last time today. Since my husband passed away I have visited the van several times to take stuff out accompanied by my sister & her husband & my husbands best friend I was ok on those occasions. However today 3 months today I absolutely broke down, I was hugging & kissing his chair, trying to wrap my arms around the van, I just sobbed & sobbed. What I have discovered is that at 3 months the grief seems more intense because the reality takes over from the coping mechanism but also that the intensity of the grief and crying a lot more actually means that I’m slowly finding the strength within to deal with it & it’s a way of healing myself. So I must now find ways of honouring his memory & smile at the good times. Love to you all x

6 Likes

Hi @Autumnchild57,

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support/share their thoughts, but I just wanted to say thank you for so bravely sharing this with us. Keep reaching out,
Alex

1 Like

Yeh crying is a good way of letting out your grief ! Definately. Read a post the other day that said sometimes tears are the only way to express how we feel … that’s so true …xx

3 Likes

7 Likes

Beautiful words.

1 Like

Hi hun .it took me 4 months to empty are camper . But unfortunately i had to sell my to pay for funeral bills …
This is where i broke down .i feel your pain its been nearly 9 months since i last held him . :cry: big hugs hun xx

1 Like

Well I get upset and downs too after sixteen months.
I found it hard clearing out his car.
That has gone. Seems odd it not being there. Like part of him going on it’s last journey.
Just my car now.
Found a fav photo of us together I put on display where we looked our best and happiest together at that moment.
I write my poetry which helps. He used to like it.

2 Likes

Hi everyone
The rollercoaster of grief … 19 months 3 weeks 3 days for me.
I too have hit times where I thought I’d hit the worst, 3 months, 6 months , 1 year … Each time thinking I’d hit the deepest part of grief. But it’s not like that . I keep getting it again and again , to points where I feel the grief is gotten even more intense and hard to live with .
Since the start of this year (2024) I have really struggled a lot.
The sadness I feel all the time is so intense.
I’m trying to make my sadness my best friend. So I carry it with me everywhere I go, it keeps me safe. I ask it for advice, I seek comfort in it. And I thank it… because it’s there because of love :revolving_hearts:

Love hugs and strength to you all
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

Just noticed that the time… Need to get to work…

6 Likes