Grief

How do u really cope with grief I know it does get easier
But I never got counselling for my ma in law because of covid I never expected her to die of it suddenly so I couldn’t move on from the grief because I didn’t know where she was laid to rest properley and I now don’t have any photos of her or some possession that she said I could have I know that sounds petty but it counts in the grieving process I am feeling awful tonight I wish she could just phone me like usual

Hi @Jane456,

I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your mum-in-law. Many people here have experienced sudden losses like you, and gone through saying goodbye and grieving during the pandemic.

You mention that you didn’t have counselling. If you think this is something that might be helpful, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder, if you feel some one-to-one support might help.

We have also recently launched a Grief Self-Help Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it. You can check it out here: selfhelp.sueryder.org

I hope these suggestions help you - take care,
Seaneen

Hi Jane if you need support call cruise bereavement care also visit your doctor and ask for counselling as they can do it by video call from home