Grief

Can anybody say is it normal to feel like you don’t want to to be here anymore this pain is so overwhelming don’t know if I can feel better just don’t want to do anything I am to old for this at 68 is there any future I don’t know I need advice

@1954.ron you are at a very early stage, I’m 12 weeks in and it’s very hard going as I miss my wife so much. I try to keep busy as possible in the day (which can also present challenges) and speak to my friends, although they all admit they don’t know what it is like or sometimes what to say, they are happy for me to just sit and talk at them and listen.

Have you tried contacting Cruse and speaking to them? I did as you can speak to a person and may be able to arrange some counselling sessions with them that may help you which I also did. Anything that may help you. I’m no expert in this but I have found that talking to people helps and also I do keep thinking, if the position were reversed, what would I want my wife to do and also, what would she want me to do now.

Hello @1954.ron,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife. As @Timbo says, you are still very early in your grief journey and your feelings will be very raw.

We know that a lot of people experience thoughts of no longer wanting to be here when they have lost a loved one. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of not wanting to be here become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

Please do keep reaching out, and take care.

Seaneen

Thankyou so much